The Patio at Lake Breeze Vineyards is now seeking to hire talented line cooks for The Patio’s approaching open season. We are accepting resumes for both hot and cold food preparation and lunch service production. Some related experience and knife skills are necessary; however, training is also provided for those may be just starting their careers in the culinary arts.
The Patio is a well-established, hugely popular destination restaurant on the beautiful Naramata Bench in the Okanagan Valley. Our kitchen and patio are situated overlooking the vineyard and Lake Okanagan with views that have inspired our Mediterranean and regionally influenced menus. This stunning property offers open air wine country dining, focusing on showcasing fresh food, much of which is grown right here. Steps away from the kitchen is our two-acre farm that supplies us our vegetables, fruits, and herbs, hogs for our charcuterie and chickens for our eggs. It just doesn’t get any more local than this.
A successful candidate for one of these positions will be a positively motivated individual with a strong work ethic, and who desires to be part of an amazing culinary team that seeks the reward that comes from giving our customers an exceptional and memorable experience. Lake Breeze offers competitive and negotiable wages based upon experience, ability, talent, and drive. This is a seasonal position, offered from mid-April to mid-October, and only those with legal entitlement to work in Canada need apply. Reliable transportation is also must.
The essentials, what we would require from you:
- An underlying passion for the culinary arts.
- Some related experience working in casual fine dining.
- To have the ability to work efficiently and swiftly in a fast-paced environment and manage time accordingly.
- To have strong and pleasant communication skills.
- To be respectful of your teammates.
- To have the physical ability to work energetically, on your feet for a minimum of 8 hours per shift in a hot environment.
- To have humility, no ego.
Additional assets, but not required:
- A graduate degree or formal training in the culinary arts.
- A Food Safety certificate or equivalent.
- An interest gardening/farming.
What we have to offer you:
- A positive, friendly, and upbeat work environment.
- Competitive wages.
- Free meal while on shift.
- 50% discount meals on the patio.
- 40 % discount on wine.
- Uniform provided.
- Daytime work hours.
- Free wine tastings for you and your guests.