The Patio at Lake Breeze Vineyards is now seeking to hire a talented individual to take ownership of our pastry/dessert and bread baking program.
The Patio is a well-established, hugely popular destination restaurant on the beautiful Naramata Bench in the Okanagan Valley. Our kitchen and patio are situated overlooking the vineyard and Lake Okanagan with views that have inspired our Mediterranean and regionally influenced menus. This stunning property offers open air wine country dining, focusing on showcasing fresh food, much of which is grown right here. Steps away from the kitchen is our two-acre farm that supplies us our vegetables, fruits, and herbs, hogs for our charcuterie and chickens for our eggs. It just doesn’t get any more local than this.
A successful candidate for the Pastry Chef position will be a positively motivated professional with a strong work ethic, and who desires to be part of an amazing culinary team that seeks the reward that comes from giving our customers an exceptional and memorable experience. Lake Breeze offers competitive and negotiable wages based upon experience, ability, talent, and drive. This is a seasonal position, offered from mid-April to mid-October, and only those with legal entitlement to work in Canada need apply. Reliable transportation is also must.
The essentials, what we would require from you:
- An underlying passion for the culinary arts.
- To have a minimum of 4 years related experience in casual fine dining.
- To plan, design, create and execute rotating seasonal and farm inspired dessert menus, in collaboration with the chef.
- To demonstrate a strong knowledge of both classic and modern technique, and to have a basic understanding of the subtleties of flavor pairings.
- To maintain and monitor the highest standards in quality, inventory, equipment cleanliness and maintenance, and to inform the chef of any related issues.
- To practice exceptional work and food safety.
- To have the ability to work efficiently and swiftly in a fast-paced environment and manage time accordingly.
- To work independently while being part of the whole.
- To have strong and pleasant communication skills.
- To be respectful of your teammates.
- To have the physical ability to work energetically, on your feet for a minimum of 8 hours per shift in a hot environment.
- To have humility, no ego.